- Leaves are tinged with red
- Holds well in heat, best color in cool seasons
- Bibb or Butterhead lettuce
- 60 days
Sow continuously for a constant supply of lettuce. Best grown in cooler weather. Plant in full sun or partial shade.
Introduced in the mid 1940s by the USDA’s Agricultural Research Center in Beltsville, MD. Large thick clusters of light green frilled leaves are produced all summer. As its name suggests, this variety is very slow to bolt. Pleasing flavor, never bitter. Looseleaf, 45-55 days.
- Thick clusters of green, frilled leaves
- Good flavor, never bitter
- Slow to bolt
- Looseleaf and cut-and-come again
- 45-55 days